Basic EMDR training provides a foundation in the methodology of EMDR psychotherapy. These trainings are appropraite for licensed clinicians, post-masters registered interns, and masters level students in practicum.
This page lists EMDRIA approved EMDR Basic Trainings in the greater Orlando / Central Florida area.
There are a variety of EMDR trainings in Oraldno throughout the year, so check back frequently!
Upcoming Basic EMDR Trainings
- EMDR Therapy Volusia – Part I is July 13-15 and Part II August 24-26 in Orange City; Lynda Ruf, Ed.S, LMHC, LMFT, trainer. www.emdrtherapyvolusia.com. Intimate training of 10.
- Connect EMDR Training – Part I is September 14-16 and Part II is November 9-11 hosted by Webster University. Regina Morrow Robinson, Ed.S., LMHC, LMFT & Claire Mauer, M.A., LMHC are co-trainers. Click for more information or to register.
- EMDR Therapy Volusia – Part I is September 29-30 and Part II October 26-28 in Orange City; Lynda Ruf, Ed.S, LMHC, LMFT, trainer. www.emdrtherapyvolusia.com. Intimate training of 10.
- EMDR Institute – Part I is November 2-4. Trainer: Regina Morrow Robinson, Ed.S, LMHC, LMFT. Part II is April 4-7, 2019, Trainer: Mark Nickerson, LICSW. Embassy Suites Downtown Orlando. www.EMDR.com.
- EMDR Therapy Volusia – Part I is November 9-11 and Part II December 7-9 in Orange City; Lynda Ruf, Ed.S, LMHC, LMFT, trainer. www.emdrtherapyvolusia.com. Intimate training of 10.
Variables to consider in selecting your training:
- Do the dates work for you?
- Does the size of the training matter to you?
- Is the location comfortable for you?
- Is the cost reasonable for you?
- Do you already have a connection with the training team you wish to grow?
- Do you perfer to have the 10 hours of consultation included in the training experience ow would you prefer to select your own consultant and arrange consultation on you terms?
PAST TRAININGS OFFERED IN RESPONSE TO PULSE SHOOTING
Below, you can find information and photos from the Part I and Part II EMDR Basic Trainings which were offered in response to the shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando.
Part II EMDR Training
August 18 – 20, 2016, Stetson University – Osceola room (3rd floor), 800 Celebration Avenue, Celebration, FL 34747
This training, offered through Trauma Recovery/Humanatarian Assistance Programs (TR/HAP), is being offered in response to the mass shooting at Pulse nightclub. This dedicated group of newly trained EMDR therapists along with their generous trainers and facilitators are pictured below.
Trainers for Basic Part 2
Facilitators for Basic Part 2
Part 1 EMDR Training
July 8 – 10, 2016, Stetson University – Osceola room (3rd floor), 800 Celebration Avenue, Celebration, FL 34747
This training was held in response to the Pulse nightclup mass shooting. Participants were eager to learn skills for trauma recovery. Below are some pictures of the event and you can even see the basic training folks join with those on sight to learn and advanced trauma protocol as together they support Orlando Keep Dancing!