EMDR Basic Trainings
- Basic EMDR training provides a foundation in the methodology of EMDR psychotherapy.
- Basic training consists of 20 hours of lecture, 20 hours of practicum, and 10 hours of consultation (50 hours total). Usually the trainings are conducted over two 3-day weekends with the consultation spread out after part one and after part two. Occasionally, trainers offer a 5-day intensive training.
- These trainings are open to licensed clinicians, post-masters registered interns, and masters level students in practicum. Trauma Recovery/HAP has additional requirements. Check their website to determine if you are eligible before registering for one of their trainings.
- This page lists EMDRIA approved EMDR Basic Trainings in the greater Orlando / Central Florida area. There are a variety of EMDR trainings in central Florida throughout the year, so check back frequently!
Upcoming Basic EMDR Trainings
- Connect EMDR Training – Part I is September 14-16 and Part II is November 9-11 hosted by Webster University. Regina Morrow Robinson, Ed.S., LMHC, LMFT & Claire Mauer, M.A., LMHC are co-trainers. Click for more information or to register.
- EMDR Therapy Volusia – Part I is September 29-30 and Part II October 26-28 in Orange City; Lynda Ruf, Ed.S, LMHC, LMFT, trainer. www.emdrtherapyvolusia.com. Intimate training of 10.
- EMDR Institute – Part I is November 2-4. Trainer: Regina Morrow Robinson, Ed.S, LMHC, LMFT. Part II is April 4-7, 2019, Trainer: Mark Nickerson, LICSW. Embassy Suites Downtown Orlando. www.EMDR.com.
- EMDR Therapy Volusia – Part I is November 9-11 and Part II December 7-9 in Orange City; Lynda Ruf, Ed.S, LMHC, LMFT, trainer. www.emdrtherapyvolusia.com. Intimate training of 10.
Variables to consider in selecting your training:
- Do the dates work for you?
- Does the size of the training matter to you?
- Is the location comfortable for you?
- Is the cost reasonable for you?
- Do you already have a connection with the training team you wish to grow?
- Do you perfer to have the 10 hours of consultation included in the training experience ow would you prefer to select your own consultant and arrange consultation on you terms?