This bullietn board is intended as a clearing house of information and events of interest to Greater Orlando EMDR therapists, but not specifically EMDR focused. Examples of postings:office space availability, equipment/books/media for sale, support groups, trainings/workshops, etc. Material for consideration must be submitted by local EMDR therapists. Send your items to Bill Brislin.
WHEN: 4th Tuesday of every month, 10:00 – 11:30 AM
WHERE: St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church, 526 N Park Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789
FACILITATOR: Rosario Ortigao, LMHC. Call Rosario for information: (407) 628-1009
Trauma-Informed Approaches to Eating Disorders
Edited by Andrew Seubert and Pam Virdi
This new and valuable resource includes a contribution by our own local EMDR therapist, Marnie Davis! During pore-publication, you can save 20% + Free shipping if ordered using code BSPC20FS. Anticipated publication date is August 2018. Click for ordering informaiton.
Here’s what the published says about this book:
Delivers a proven treatment model for clinicians in all orientations. This unique, hands-on clinical guide examines the significant relationship between trauma, dissociation and eating disorders and delivers a trauma-informed phase model that facilitates effective treatment of individuals with all forms of eating disorders. It describes, step-by-step, a four-phase treatment model encompassing team coordination, case formulation, and a trauma-informed, dissociation and attachment sensitive approach to treating eating disorders.
Edited by noted specialists in eating and other behavioral health disorders, the book examines eating disorders from neurological, medical, nutritional, and psychological perspectives. Dedicated chapters address each treatment phase from a variety of orientations, ranging from EMDR and CBT to body-centered and creative therapies. The book also reveals the effectiveness of a multifaceted, phase model approach. Recognizing the potential pitfalls and traps of treatment and recovery, it also includes abundant psychoeducational tools for the client.
- Examines eating disorders from neurological, medical, nutritional, and psychological perspectives
- Highlights the relationship between trauma, dissociation, and eating disorders
- Maps out a proven, trauma-informed, four-phase model for approaching trauma treatment in general and eating disorders specifically
- Elucidates the approach from the perspectives of EMDR Therapy, Ego State Therapy, Somatosensory Therapy, Trauma-focused CBT, and many others
- Provides abundant psychoeducational tools for the client to deal with triggers and setbacks
- Offers the knowledge and expertise of over twenty international researchers, medical professionals and clinicians
- Access to updated information on contributors’ websites
An educational and support conference on DID*
An Infinite Mind is proud to announce it’s 9th annual conference which will be held February 1-3, 2019 at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort at Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida. This conference is for:
- Survivors with all types of dissociative disorders, especially those with DID.
- Supporters and loved ones of people with dissociative disorders and DID.
- Mental Health Professionals who currently treat dissociative clients or would like to learn more about treating dissociation and DID.
CEUs are available. For more information visit An Infinite Mind.
*Dissociative Identity Disorder