Upcoming workshops in Orlando and Central Florida of interest to the EMDR Therapy community are listed here.
EMDR Latest and Greatest
EMDR therapists share highlights from the 2017 EMDRIA Conference.
- January 26, 2018
- St. Luke’s UMC, Windermere, Florida
Check back for details and registration information!
Connect EMDR Training and Consultation presents
Bill Brislin, LMHC, NCC
Adult clients with a history of chronic or prolonged childhood abuse and/or neglect present significant challenges in treatment, particularly in utilizing the standard EMDR protocol. This presentation will integrate current relevant theories of complex trauma with practical interventions and resources for the EMDR therapist which are grounded in the AIP model. The workshop will include practice and discussion.
February 23, 2018; 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central 1330 Blairstone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32301
$125 prior to January 12, 2018
Click here to register.
Participants must have completed an EMDRIA approved Basic EMDR training.
6 CEUS. Provider: Creative Therapy Connections Susan K. Pate, LMHC, Director # 50-461. Exp. 3/31/2019 Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider. EMDRIA Credits are pending.
- Identify five characteristic symptoms of dissociation.
- Describe the role of attachment injury and chronic abuse and/or neglect in creating and maintaining dissociative processes and individuated self-states.
- Acquire a familiarity with the three phase of complex trauma treatment in relation to the three prongs and eight phases of EMDR therapy.
- Learn three emotional regulation methods for use in EMDR phase 2 with dissociative clients and strategies for interacting with self-states.
- Name three characteristic phobias which maintain dissociative processes.
- Can utilize several techniques for titrating EMDR phase 4 processing with dissociative clients.
8:00 am – 8:30 am Registration/Coffee/Housekeeping
8:30 am – 11:45 am Session w/ 15-minute break
11:45 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch on your own
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm Session w/ 15-minute break
Bill Brislin has been a psychotherapist in the Orlando area for over twenty-five years. His interest in trauma and complex trauma began during his fifteen years as a counselor at a local AIDS support agency. An EMDR Certified Therapist and EMDRIA Approved Consultant, Bill enjoys unlocking the potential for EMDR Therapy with clients who have experienced profound developmental trauma. A graduate of the Catholic University of America and the University of Notre Dame, he is committed to ongoing learning and formation. Bill holds memberships in EMDR International Association and the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation.