Upcoming workshops in Orlando and Central Florida of interest to the EMDR Therapy community are listed here.
Connect EMDR Training and Consultation presents
Claire Mauer, M.A., LMHC
About this course
This fast-paced, interactive workshop will give you the confidence and skill to offer your EMDR Therapy clients more efficient, effective treatment. In response to the specific needs of our Ft. Lauderdale and Jacksonville host communities post-Hurricane Irma, we will place additional emphasis on the Recent Events Protocol and contained processing (EMD).
Five reasons to invest in the Back to Basics EMDR Refresher Course
- You took the training years ago and are unaware of changes to the manual
- You had inadequate opportunities to practice and have gotten “rusty”
- You developed a “creative” approach and strayed from the Standard Protocol
- You got stuck with clients early on and lost confidence.
- You have clients who need immediate symptom reduction after the recent hurricanes.
This day-long course will clear the cobwebs, increase your fidelity to the model, and keep you current with updates to the EMDR Basic Training curriculum. The presenter will use lecture, live demonstration, and guided practicum to enhance your understanding of Adaptive Information Processing Theory, the 8 Phases, and the 3 Prongs of the Standard Protocol.
Claire Mauer is an EMDR Institute Regional Trainer and LMHC who works with a range of client issues, including PTSD and anxiety disorders, using EMDR therapy as part of an integrative, trauma-informed, approach.
Claire is an EMDR Trainer, Certified EMDR Therapist, Approved Consultant, and a Training Facilitator for both the EMDR Institute and the Trauma Recovery/Humanitarian Assistance Program, for which she volunteers. She has a private practice in Maitland and facilitates the Orlando-area no-fee EMDR Study Group.
Integrating Culture, Social Identity and Culturally Based Tauma into Trauma-Informed Treatment
Mark I. Nickerson, LICSW
December 8-9, 2017
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
4851 South Apopka Vineland Road
Building C, Second Floor, “The Attic”
Orlando, FL 32819
13.0 credits: EMDRIA, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LPC, NBCC approved
Covering concepts from the newly released book: Cultural Competence and Healing Culturally Based Trauma with EMDR Therapy: Theory, Strategies and Practicum Experiences by Mark I. Nickerson, LICSW
||Integrated Theory and Research from the fields of social work and social psychology including:
Connect EMDR Training and Consultation presents
Bill Brislin, LMHC, NCC
Adult clients with a history of chronic or prolonged childhood abuse and/or neglect present significant challenges in treatment, particularly in utilizing the standard EMDR protocol. This presentation will integrate current relevant theories of complex trauma with practical interventions and resources for the EMDR therapist which are grounded in the AIP model. The workshop will include practice and discussion.
February 23, 2018; 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central 1330 Blairstone Road
Tallahassee, FL 32301
$125 prior to January 12, 2018
Click here to register.
Participants must have completed an EMDRIA approved Basic EMDR training.
6 CEUS. Provider: Creative Therapy Connections Susan K. Pate, LMHC, Director # 50-461. Exp. 3/31/2019 Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider. EMDRIA Credits are pending.
- Identify five characteristic symptoms of dissociation.
- Describe the role of attachment injury and chronic abuse and/or neglect in creating and maintaining dissociative processes and individuated self-states.
- Acquire a familiarity with the three phase of complex trauma treatment in relation to the three prongs and eight phases of EMDR therapy.
- Learn three emotional regulation methods for use in EMDR phase 2 with dissociative clients and strategies for interacting with self-states.
- Name three characteristic phobias which maintain dissociative processes.
- Can utilize several techniques for titrating EMDR phase 4 processing with dissociative clients.
8:00 am – 8:30 am Registration/Coffee/Housekeeping
8:30 am – 11:45 am Session w/ 15-minute break
11:45 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch on your own
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm Session w/ 15-minute break
Bill Brislin has been a psychotherapist in the Orlando area for over twenty-five years. His interest in trauma and complex trauma began during his fifteen years as a counselor at a local AIDS support agency. An EMDR Certified Therapist and EMDRIA Approved Consultant, Bill enjoys unlocking the potential for EMDR Therapy with clients who have experienced profound developmental trauma. A graduate of the Catholic University of America and the University of Notre Dame, he is committed to ongoing learning and formation. Bill holds memberships in EMDR International Association and the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation.